/>
If you {heart} Close To My Heart, then this challenge blog is for you! Please read our revised rules, above.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Two more members to meet!

Next up on the introduction circuit is Lucy Kelleher on Team A:


Hello!  My name is Lucy Kelleher and I am so excited to be a part of the H2H Design team.  This will be my VERY first design team and I’m a little nervous but so looking forward to it! 


I live in Southern California with my amazing husband of 10 years.   We met while training in Aikido, a Japanese martial art almost 20 years ago.  We now own our own Aikido dojo (school) where I teach our children’s classes.  I became a trial paralegal right out of school but decided to change careers about 8 years ago.  I went back to school and became a teacher.  After 5 years of teaching 3rd and 4th grade students, I am now a full-time Close to My Heart consultant and LOVING it!  I have traded in teaching my little guys for teaching and creating memories with my “big” kids.


I have to admit that I was never particularly craft growing up.   I always wanted it to be “perfect” the first time I made something.  Hardly a stress-free activity!  I began crafting over 12 years ago when I saw a mother of one of my students working on cards in her car while waiting for her sons to come out. She invited me to a card workshop and I have been absolutely hooked every since.  I have been with Close to My Heart for a little over 6 years now and am always amazed at all the new products they come up with every year.  Every new Idea Book inspires me.  I have only been in the blogging world for a couple of years but love posting projects and ideas and getting feedback from others.  I am a firm believer that there are really no “mistakes” in creating.  ANYTHING can be fixed!  Absolutely anything!  


I can’t wait to get started and get to know everybody! 

My websites are:
FB page:  http://www.facebook.com/LucyK.CTMH


Thanks Lucy and welcome!

And today from Team B meet Tamytha Jenkins:



My name is Tamytha Jenkins, but I also answer to Tammy. :)  I live in Merritt Island, Florida with my habit-supporting husband of 19 years.  I'm also a mom to a beautiful 15 year-old daughter, an imaginative 11 year-old son, and I can't fail to mention...one chocolate lab and two rescue cats.  I have been teaching middle school science for 8 years and even though I still love teaching...there's a lot about it that makes me crazy.  Thankfully, paper crafting keeps me sane...at least most of the time. :)  When I'm not spending time with my family, working, grading papers (yuck), or creating, I pursue spiritual activities, blog (and blog surf), and resell items on Ebay (the more old stuff I sell...the more new stuff I can buy). :) 


Even though I kept photos and memorabilia as a teenager, the addiction I have today started with a friend inviting me to come over to "scrapbook" when I was pregnant with my daughter.  I had never used that word as a verb before, so I had no clue what she was talking about.  However, she assured me, "Don't worry. You'll love it!"  Was that ever an understatement!  About a year later, in the pursuit of scrapbook supplies, I also discovered stamping.  Since then I've been fortunate enough to work and teach in local stamping and scrapbooking stores, and enjoyed the excitement of being published in a couple of scrapbooking magazines.  However, after giving birth to my son, I suffered with postpartum depression, that I let go untreated for way too many years and I stopped crafting.  After hitting bottom and finally seeking help, a dear friend of mine got me crafting again...and it felt good.  At that point, I made a promise to myself to make time to craft...it was no longer an option.  About a year later, I joined Close To My Heart as a way to make myself carve out creative time...and it's one of the best decisions I've ever made.  I've been with CTMH almost two years now and I'm feeling great! 


I have to tell you, I am so excited and honored to become part of the H2H design team.  But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous to follow in the footprints (or should I say ink prints) of such talented artists, not to mention all of the talented artists that participate and follow the H2H blog.  However, I hope my art will not only please you all, but that it will motivate you to carve out time in your busy lives to create.  I look forward to getting to know all of you over the next several months.  And Mary, thanks for this wonderful opportunity!

You can all stop by and say hello to Tammy at her blog here: http://www.paperheartist.com   
More to come tomorrow!

3 comments:

Romaine said...

Welcome Tamytha and Lucy! Ah, Tamytha, I am familiar with your lovely work and have been a follower for some time! :)
Lucy, I look forward to seeing yours and getting to know your blog!

Tamytha said...

Thank you Romaine, for the sweet compliment and the warm welcome! I can't wait to get started. :)

Paige Dolecki said...

This is going to be so much fun getting to know you girls better and playing along with H2H!

Paige