/>
If you {heart} Close To My Heart, then this challenge blog is for you! Please read our revised rules, above.

Monday, January 3, 2011

More Introductions

Today I would like you to meet 2 more of the Design Team - 1st up is Corina Mitchell.


"My name is Corina Mitchell (39) and I live in Chula Vista, California, about 10 minutes from Tijuana Mexico. I am super happily married to Jim (Fire Captain) for 15 years we have three awesome kids; Victoria (10), Nathan (7), Hunter (4). For the last three years, I have had the opportunity to stay home in a full time capacity. This has allowed me to actively participate in my children education and extracurricular activities. I truly love being a stay at home mom and I am grateful everyday. Three years ago I left my 16 year retail career with Coach and found CTMH through a search on Google. I joined a club and loved every piece of paper and every tool instantly. I have been a part time consultant for about eight months and have enjoyed meeting a lot of new friends and being part of such a wonderful community. This past year, I have taken my art work to a new level and I feel so empowered when I see the reactions on my clients faces when I show them how to duplicate my layouts, that their reaction is reward enough. This past year, I have also created a partnership with diverse local artist in San Diego. My other passions are Yoga, cycling and reading."

Welcome Corina! You can visit her at her blog which is http://www.scrapbookingink.com/

Next up is Karen Day:


"Hello from Ontario! I've been a crafter since forever...you name it, I've tried it! I discovered stamping about 25 years ago when stamp stores were few and far between, but have literally made all my own cards since then. I started scrapbooking when I started a family, and joined CTMH just over 6 years ago when the company switched to acrylic stamps, and saw the amazing possibilities they would provide.

I am a clothing designer by trade, having worked in Vancouver, Calgary, New York and finally Toronto - designing golfwear, skiwear, ladieswear and uniforms. I married a Toronto boy (Mike) 16 years ago, and retired to be a full time Mom when Adam was born 15 years ago, with Paige arriving 2 years later. I now sew mainly on cards, and really love to knit - especially socks. I work part-time for a home staging company, and have volunteered in my children's schools for years.

I LOVE having a blog! Participating in challenges, and viewing artwork on other blogs has made me a better card maker. I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to be on the H2H Design Team, and hope that I'll get a chance to inspire a few others along the way."

And a big welcome to Karen also! Karen's blog can be found at http://kdaycreations.blogspot.com/

I hope you will all stop by and say hello to these talented ladies - you're going to love their work!!

So three intros down and three to go....and a little surprise I have in store for everyone that I will tell you all about this weekend :)

Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Debbie Carriere said...

Congratulations, ladies!! So excited! You both do fantastic work & can't wait to see what you come up with as part of the DT!

Lorrinda said...

Hello gals! I'm familiar with both of your blogs, I have admired your work. I'm glad to finally "meet" you, and look forward to your DT creations!

Lisa Stenz said...

Congrats ladies! I am so excited that you are both here! I can't wait to see what you create! I know I will be inspired! *Ü*