If you {heart} Close To My Heart, then this challenge blog is for you!
Each Monday, a new challenge is posted, and Close To My Heart products are required to enter.
Don't have any CTMH products? Then beg, borrow, or BUY from our fabulous roster of Consultants!

Sponsored and created by Independent Consultants for Close To My Heart, all challenges will be posted on Monday mornings with the deadline to enter on the last day of the month or on the Saturday following the month's final challenge. All challenges close at midnight EST. (Each month, the final challenge date will be announced to help you play along. You have all month to play, so join us often!) You might even be in our Top 10!

Monday, January 3, 2011

More Introductions

Today I would like you to meet 2 more of the Design Team - 1st up is Corina Mitchell.


"My name is Corina Mitchell (39) and I live in Chula Vista, California, about 10 minutes from Tijuana Mexico. I am super happily married to Jim (Fire Captain) for 15 years we have three awesome kids; Victoria (10), Nathan (7), Hunter (4). For the last three years, I have had the opportunity to stay home in a full time capacity. This has allowed me to actively participate in my children education and extracurricular activities. I truly love being a stay at home mom and I am grateful everyday. Three years ago I left my 16 year retail career with Coach and found CTMH through a search on Google. I joined a club and loved every piece of paper and every tool instantly. I have been a part time consultant for about eight months and have enjoyed meeting a lot of new friends and being part of such a wonderful community. This past year, I have taken my art work to a new level and I feel so empowered when I see the reactions on my clients faces when I show them how to duplicate my layouts, that their reaction is reward enough. This past year, I have also created a partnership with diverse local artist in San Diego. My other passions are Yoga, cycling and reading."

Welcome Corina! You can visit her at her blog which is http://www.scrapbookingink.com/

Next up is Karen Day:


"Hello from Ontario! I've been a crafter since forever...you name it, I've tried it! I discovered stamping about 25 years ago when stamp stores were few and far between, but have literally made all my own cards since then. I started scrapbooking when I started a family, and joined CTMH just over 6 years ago when the company switched to acrylic stamps, and saw the amazing possibilities they would provide.

I am a clothing designer by trade, having worked in Vancouver, Calgary, New York and finally Toronto - designing golfwear, skiwear, ladieswear and uniforms. I married a Toronto boy (Mike) 16 years ago, and retired to be a full time Mom when Adam was born 15 years ago, with Paige arriving 2 years later. I now sew mainly on cards, and really love to knit - especially socks. I work part-time for a home staging company, and have volunteered in my children's schools for years.

I LOVE having a blog! Participating in challenges, and viewing artwork on other blogs has made me a better card maker. I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to be on the H2H Design Team, and hope that I'll get a chance to inspire a few others along the way."

And a big welcome to Karen also! Karen's blog can be found at http://kdaycreations.blogspot.com/

I hope you will all stop by and say hello to these talented ladies - you're going to love their work!!

So three intros down and three to go....and a little surprise I have in store for everyone that I will tell you all about this weekend :)

Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Debbie Carriere said...

Congratulations, ladies!! So excited! You both do fantastic work & can't wait to see what you come up with as part of the DT!

Lorrinda said...

Hello gals! I'm familiar with both of your blogs, I have admired your work. I'm glad to finally "meet" you, and look forward to your DT creations!

Lisa Stenz said...

Congrats ladies! I am so excited that you are both here! I can't wait to see what you create! I know I will be inspired! *Ü*