Happy August, Everyone!
While for some, this signals the start of school and "back-to-the-grind," for others it is the start of vacation. Whatever you are doing this month, make sure to schedule in some crafty time. We will have several different projects for you to try, and if you participate in all of them, you can proudly display this cute blog badge!
Our first challenge this month is to create a sympathy card. This can be a difficult thing to make, as by definition, it acknowledges someone's loss; it can be hard to find just the right words. However, your heart-felt, hand-made creation is a wonderful way to convey your compassion.
You can extend your sympathy for other occasions, too. I came across a card recently which commiserated on a job-loss, with the cutest image of a vacuum cleaner, and the words "that sucks!"
So, gear up your creativity and show us your artwork! You have all month to participate.
Here's some inspiration from the Design Team, starting with our new Guest Designer, Lori.
Here's how to join in this week's challenge:
- Use mostly Close To My Heart products, though it doesn't have to be 100%.
- Create your sympathy card.
- Post your project to your blog or other online gallery.
- Come back here and directly link to your blog post, not your blog home page.
- Mention Heart 2 Heart somewhere in your blog post indicating that you are playing along with us and link to our site.
- Consider adding the H2H badge to your blog. We'd love to spread the word and see more crafters participating.