/>
If you {heart} Close To My Heart, then this challenge blog is for you! Please read our revised rules, above.

Monday, September 6, 2010

New Month- New Challenge- New Prize Opportunity.....

Wow we have a lot to share today so let's get right to it!

A new month means a new Guest DT and we are excited to welcome Debbie Carriere! We will learn more about Debbie later this week but I wanted to shout out a big congratulations to her today!

We are also excited to announce a new prize opportunity. This will not be an option every week but on some weeks we will be offering a 4 for 40 prize. Here's how it works:
On a 4 for 40 week, one member of the Design Team will be presenting a tip, idea, technique or other great info that they want to share with you. They will also be providing a fabulous prize - 4 custom created cards for one lucky participant! However, this will only be available if we have 40 people play along with that week's challenge. So start spreading the word and get your friends, family, customers, upline, downline, neighbors and more to play along!

Our first Design Team member is the talented Deneen and here's some great information that she is sharing with us this week:

"I've recently discovered an awesome tool that doesn't get much attention...the Blending Pen!! I have the Waterbrush and thought the Blending Pen was the same thing, just disposable. Boy, was I wrong. It's much dryer, and easier to colour with than the Waterbrush. I coloured the peacock in my Fancy Fold card with it,(see last week's sample) and highlighted the flowers in my 4 for 40 card. (You Are Beautiful is retiring  :(  it's one of my favourites!!) I love my Copics, but the Blending Pen is great when you want to match your stamped image with your ink. For instance, when you stamp a flower using Sky ink, you can add dimension by highlighting aspects of it with your Blending Pen and Sky ink (for subtle differences), or say Indian Corn Blue (for a more distinct difference). So, dust off your Blending Pen and try it again, you'll fall in love all over  :)"

And here is one of the cards Deneen will be sending one player that was created using her blending pen technique:


Stunning! And this is just one of the fabulous cards Deneen will be sending so you want to be sure to play along this week!

And just what is the challenge you ask? It's a favorite - a color challenge!


We are working with Autumn Terracotta, New England Ivy and Honey (or as close as you can get to these colors). Now let's see what the team has created for this challenge - first up, our "featured" DT member, Deneen:









Ok you have to be inspired to get creating now, right? And with a new prize opportunity, you know you have to play along! So get your creation made and posted to Mister Linky below before Sunday night at 10 pm EST. We can't wait to see what you create with our color choices this week!


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone.. from my heart to yours... what a beautiful demonstration of the DT... love them all... cant wait to try making my own...

Love them, thanks for the challenge..

Parchey Family said...

Thanks for the great inspirational colors.

Karen Day said...

Lovely fall colours! Just what I needed to kick start my September cardmaking.

Sheila Bennett said...

It was fun to play with the nice Autumn colors. Hope I got all the "linky" items correctly. This is set-up different than the last challenge that I linked to, so hope I did it okay.

Lorrinda said...

Love these colors. Beautiful creations by the design team, as always! Thanks for the inspiration ladies!

Luana said...

Love the colors. I've posted my entry. Thanks.

Andrea Ewen said...

Congratulations Debbie! Looking forward to seeing some fabulosity from you come our way!

Anonymous said...

When I saw this week's challenge, I automatically thought of fall leaves. I am always impressed with the design team members' creations.

Ann said...

I love all the beautiful projects I hope to have time to play this week. Thank you for finding me on Twitter.

Vicki Wizniuk said...

Thanks for another challenge to get me off my butt! lol
I was having some issues with Mr. Linky so if it ends up that I posted it twice, can you please remove one? TIA ;)

Amy Moore said...

Nice strong fall colors! Love the inspiration this week!

Creatique Candy said...

I have to be honest...I LOVE the colors combination. In fact it is perfect as Autumn is my favorite time of the year. The honesty part...I'm an outside of the box go as far away from the box as possible type of gal. So when doing that it made it more challenging & very very fun in doing so. I combined these colors with a springy type of card. I'm really enjoying following H2H it gets me going & using my schtuff that otherwise would be collecting ancient dust. TY Design Team for all of your hard work & TY for the bonus challenges to go along with it. HUGS TO ALL!

Amy Pitts said...

I don't know why because I love fall but these colors were a real challenge for me. I like my end result though yay. I am so glad I finally found time to play along again, I have really missed the h2h challenge.

Nicole said...

Love color challenges but I have to admit, this one was tough! I tried one other card and did not like it at all, the one I posted though, love it! Thanks!!

Welcome to Sara Batkin's Legacies Of Love said...

Wow - what a great site and what a fun challenge. I actually used my water brush instead of the blending pen so apologies for that - but I am happy with the result :O) Hope you like it too x

Michele said...

First, ALWAYS love the gorgeous work of the design team. Thanks again for being so inspirational!

Well, I LOVE autumn, but honestly wasn't crazy about the color combo ... but I HAD to play so I hope you like what I came up with ... far from fancy; but it's done and I won't be ashamed to give it away with love and a smile.

Jen Rubio said...

Thanks for sharing this great color combo for fall (I lucked out that I have used similar colors before and was glad for the opportunity to repost something I had made previously). I hope adding black and cocoa to this combination was permitted (because I did, lol). Beautiful artwork everyone!!